Our firm has become known to law enforcement over many years due to representation of numerous FOP lodges throughout the state.
We take great pride in representing these honored professions, and frequently assist public safety employees ranging from executive level supervisors to probationary employees just entering the profession.
In addition to defending law enforcement officers in traditional employment matters, such as those involving suspensions, removal or other discipline, we also handle many specific types of representation for law enforcement officers that include the following:
- Internal Affairs investigations
- Garrity Rights issues
- Statement Preparation and Review
- Disciplinary Appeals before all forums
- Performance review appeals
- Polygraph matters
- Merit Board or Disciplinary Review Board representation
- Civil action and defense
- Grievance preparation through arbitration
- Deadly force incident representation
- Law Enforcement Officer certification issues
- Collective bargaining negotiations
- Legislation matters
- Wage & Hour issues
We recognize that each law enforcement agency differs to some extent, and often times some departmental procedures vary, requiring special attention to specific general orders in preparation for the legal defense of law enforcement officers.
We are a member of the Fraternal Order of Police Legal Defense Plan and accepts this Plan, which is sponsored by the Fraternal Order of Police, for the payment of legal fees.